Cultural Foundation of Harrison County Kicks Off Music Series with Country Music Legend Marty Stuart
By Connect-Bridgeport Staff on September 12, 2017
- A free concert for students at RCB at noon- music by Annie Neeley. Annie and her band will highlight Marty Stuart’s songs and others from WV musicians, especially those who have interacted with the Nashville recording industry.
- Lew Dobbins will serve as MC. Lew’s the local author of Behind the Microphone, published in 2017. His personal interviews with Marty Stuart wherein he describes Marty’s travels with Lester Flats and Johnny Cash and their bands. Lew has a long career in WV radio & tv focused on music of our area. He was inducted into WV Broadcasters Hall of Fame in 2008.
- WV Music Hall of Fame Mobile Museum & recording studio will be open to the public, free of charge in downtown Clarksburg at Jackson Square on W. Pike St. from 1:00 to 6:00 pm. Marty Stuart’s wife Connie Smith is a 2011 inductee to the WV Music Hall of Fame
- Lew Dobbins will be available for book signing & discussion of his newly released book Behind the Microphone.
- WV Music Hall of Fame Mobile Museum open noon to 6 p.m. Free to public. (Jackson Square)
- Bandland (Clarksburg - 154 E. Pike St.)
- Shop 'n Save (Shinnston - 540 S. Pike St.)
- Showtime Music (Meadowbrook Mall)
- The Music Center (Bridgeport - 795 W. Main St.)